Conejos Clean Water operates with Core Values that guide us in all our projects and decision-making processes. Our overarching Guiding Principles include Collaboration, Education, Advocacy, Public Awareness, Inclusiveness, Empowerment, and Integrity to work within the four pillars of our mission.
- Does it protect and support biodiversity?
- Does it educate and get people outdoors into our natural environment?
- Does it promote ethical use and stewardship of the environment?
- Does it protect the public health for future generations?
- Does it respect and give voice to our diverse communities, histories, and heritage?
- Does it ethically promote local businesses, jobs with livable wages, and the economy in a way that honors the other three pillars?
- Does it empower people, lifting them out of poverty, valuing the public’s health?
- Does it promote economic development in a sustainable, healthy way?
- Does it increase community skills that lead to self-sufficiency?
- Does it respect the cultural heritage activities of the area?
- Does it educate and empower the community stakeholders?
- Does it empathize with and facilitate empowerment of underrepresented and underserved populations?
- Does it respect and promote diversity and inclusiveness?
- Does it help prepare future justice leaders?
- Does it invite community participation and public processes?
- Does it promote healing?
- Does it promote equal access to healthy, local foods and seeds?
- Is it from a sustainable source?
- Does it honor local tradition, heritage, and biodiversity?
- Does it benefit local community health?
- Does it educate our children and communities to make healthy choices in the future?